I’m travelling today so this will be a shorter update.
Finally got the calibration working so I can manually offset the photoresistor readings and servo positions. This was necessary because the components naturally have slight variations in their readings, etc. I will be creating semi-automated calibration sequence, but that will need the LCD screen up and running first. I also tweaked the CLI functionality a bit to more easily integrate with the C# app. Still outstanding is polishing it up so it can be used the a terminal emulator like Putty.
Next items on the agenda include:
- Getting rid of the semi-colons from commands
- Re-aligning the sensors from corners to sides (i.e. left and right instead of upper-left, upper right, etc.
- enabling manual override of the automatic controls
- Tying that to a Wii-Chuck (down the line a bit…)
- LCD Status Screen
- Bluetooth control module, to allow operation remotely, and without a PC/phone.
Having a blast building this thing, even if there is some serious scope creep happening. 😉